OlivosARTstudio blog has won it's first award!
We are thrilled to be given the Honest Scrap Award by Marcy who makes me laugh often! Well, she and her cowriter, a rabbit named Zoe. Indeed, they were the ones who I thought of a couple of days ago when we found the baby bunny in our window sill.
The Award has rules and reciprocity- a great venue to find other fun and intelligent bloggers! I for one, greatly enjoyed reading up on the bloggers that Zoe favored.
This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion: "brilliant"(ahem...!).
The rules are as follows:
1. When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, include the name of the blogger who awarded you such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows she/he is real. My award was generously given to me by Marcy: a real person who like me enjoys cats, rabbits, drawing and watching birds fly about.
2. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Show their names and links and leave a comment for them informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
1. june pfaffdaley
2. Kathy crabbe (Lulu)
3. sheree rensel
4. judy kitsune
5. bliss chick
6. cagney king
7a. Carlos Mendez (my brother!) &
OlivosARTstudio is a Blog written by me, about our shared lives as artists in our studio..so I will include my partner Sergio in this:
1. We do not own a tv, but have maxed out our netflix queue several times. We love good film. Sergio loves LoTR and is a Star Wars fanatic. He has a star wars toy collection that he is very proud of.
2. I hate shopping. But, I like shopping from one of our local thrift shops- an abbreviation of a store. Everyone there smiles, no clothes on floor (as in discount stores like Marshalls/Ross etc..), and clothes are arranged by color~ I love that!
I give and take from them (donate and buy) and love that all profits go to our local Hospice! Sergio was not convinced thrift stores were his thing...until he laid eyes on two star wars figurines that apparently were missing from his collection (surprised any could be missing as he has hundreds of little figurines!). I think I have a thrift store buddy now!
2. I love to go barefoot. I even garden and mow the lawn in my bare feet (always watching out for my toes-as I do not covet losing one! I recently started Nia classes and adore the fact that I can finally dance around in a 'class' in my bare feet!
3. A few years ago, Sergio and I decided to surprise one another by getting tattoos done- I had a shark tattooed on my thigh (his favorite animal) he had my favorite-a dragonfly- tattooed on his chest. Neither one of us knew the other was doing it-- yet we did it on the same day!
4. Our son Julian loves for Sergio to illustrate the characters he creates for his 'up and coming book'. He describes them in detail, and Sergio dutifully illustrates them.
5. Sergio is from Tabasco in the south of Mexico, though he left after high school and lived all of his adult life in Queretaro, a beautiful Colonial city full of exquisite churches and buildings that boast the Baroque amongst modernity. In Tabasco, the weather is usually in the 90's year round, reaching 115(as the norm) in the summer.
6. I am from Santiago. Chile-where I grew up, though I was born in Washington DC (where we now reside). They are both my hometowns. I feel equally a 'foreigner' and "at home" in both.
7. I have been sky diving in the past. Loved it. Teaching on the 11th floor with windows that don't open makes me crazy. Sometimes, I step up to the top floor and into the stairwell just so I can see the sun and smell the outside air that seeps in through the roof.
8. We both love warm weather. We are the first to turn on the heat in Autumn, the last to turn on the AC in Summer. This fact, drives our son nutty, so he places huge fans around his bed.
9. I plan to write at least three books: one poetry + paintings, one recipes + paintings. One, of art project lesson plans.
10. We fully trust that SOMEDAY we will support ourselves solely by selling our art!
Thank you Marcy and Zoe!!