Monday, April 27, 2009

Blog award: fun bloggers, and bit more about us!

OlivosARTstudio blog has won it's first award!
We are thrilled to be given the Honest Scrap Award by Marcy who makes me laugh often! Well, she and her cowriter, a rabbit named Zoe. Indeed, they were the ones who I thought of a couple of days ago when we found the baby bunny in our window sill.

The Award has rules and reciprocity- a great venue to find other fun and intelligent bloggers! I for one, greatly enjoyed reading up on the bloggers that Zoe favored.

This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion: "brilliant"(ahem...!).
The rules are as follows:

1. When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, include the name of the blogger who awarded you such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows she/he is real. My award was generously given to me by Marcy: a real person who like me enjoys cats, rabbits, drawing and watching birds fly about.

2. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Show their names and links and leave a comment for them informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.

3. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!

1. june pfaffdaley
2. Kathy crabbe (Lulu)
3. sheree rensel
4. judy kitsune
5. bliss chick
6. cagney king
7a. Carlos Mendez (my brother!) &
7b.Cris Melo

OlivosARTstudio is a Blog written by me, about our shared lives as artists in our studio..so I will include my partner Sergio in this:


1. We do not own a tv, but have maxed out our netflix queue several times. We love good film. Sergio loves LoTR and is a Star Wars fanatic. He has a star wars toy collection that he is very proud of.

2. I hate shopping. But, I like shopping from one of our local thrift shops- an abbreviation of a store. Everyone there smiles, no clothes on floor (as in discount stores like Marshalls/Ross etc..), and clothes are arranged by color~ I love that!
I give and take from them (donate and buy) and love that all profits go to our local Hospice! Sergio was not convinced thrift stores were his thing...until he laid eyes on two star wars figurines that apparently were missing from his collection (surprised any could be missing as he has hundreds of little figurines!). I think I have a thrift store buddy now!


2. I love to go barefoot. I even garden and mow the lawn in my bare feet (always watching out for my toes-as I do not covet losing one! I recently started Nia classes and adore the fact that I can finally dance around in a 'class' in my bare feet!

3. A few years ago, Sergio and I decided to surprise one another by getting tattoos done- I had a shark tattooed on my thigh (his favorite animal) he had my favorite-a dragonfly- tattooed on his chest. Neither one of us knew the other was doing it-- yet we did it on the same day!

4. Our son Julian loves for Sergio to illustrate the characters he creates for his 'up and coming book'. He describes them in detail, and Sergio dutifully illustrates them.

5. Sergio is from Tabasco in the south of Mexico, though he left after high school and lived all of his adult life in Queretaro, a beautiful Colonial city full of exquisite churches and buildings that boast the Baroque amongst modernity. In Tabasco, the weather is usually in the 90's year round, reaching 115(as the norm) in the summer.

6. I am from Santiago. Chile-where I grew up, though I was born in Washington DC (where we now reside). They are both my hometowns. I feel equally a 'foreigner' and "at home" in both.

7. I have been sky diving in the past. Loved it. Teaching on the 11th floor with windows that don't open makes me crazy. Sometimes, I step up to the top floor and into the stairwell just so I can see the sun and smell the outside air that seeps in through the roof.

8. We both love warm weather. We are the first to turn on the heat in Autumn, the last to turn on the AC in Summer. This fact, drives our son nutty, so he places huge fans around his bed.

9. I plan to write at least three books: one poetry + paintings, one recipes + paintings. One, of art project lesson plans.

10. We fully trust that SOMEDAY we will support ourselves solely by selling our art!



Thank you Marcy and Zoe!!

10 comments:

June Pfaff Daley said...

oh thank you!! i'm honored! do I have a 30 day window to pass on?! craziness over here until i get through that art show! thanks again!!: )

Sheree Rensel said...

Oh I am so honored!! Thank you! I will cherish this award always!
:-)
Sheree Rensel
www.wizzlewolf.com

Kathy Crabbe said...

Thank you dearest Claudia! I esp. loved reading about your bare feet days, your synchronistic tattoing and your home towns.

Many Sparkly Blessings and thanks for the award!

Kathy C.
http://SoulReaderBlog.blogspot.com

Marcy said...

YAY!! zoe loved learning about you. she especially loves someone's star wars collection.

she also wonders if there are rabbits in mexico or chile? or, maybe something else that hops about in yards? she's just curious.

Claudia Olivos and Sergio OlivosM said...

June: take your time and best wishes on your art show!!

Claudia Olivos and Sergio OlivosM said...

Sheree: your are most welcome! I look forward to reading about you and seeing your fave blogs!

Claudia Olivos and Sergio OlivosM said...

Kathy, sparkly blessings to you as well...tattoos, bare feet and all! :)

Claudia Olivos and Sergio OlivosM said...

Marcy and Zoe.. thanks to you both (again!).... Zoe: just today, as I was going about my business... a rabbit came to my sliding glass door! She/he was only about three feet from me--and I briefly again- had the honor of being in close proximity to one of your distant cousins!
Marcy: when I was little in Chile... I spent a whole afternoon while vacationing at the beach..running after rabbits in a forest of Eucalyptus trees by the Ocean. A wonderfull memory.

judy shintani said...

thanks Claudia! What a nice surprise. Always great to be acknowledged.

I'll be coming up with my blog awards and 10 truths as soon as I get back from my Seattle show.

Loved reading about both of you - we also do not watch TV and I like being bare foot too!

Judy Shintani

Claudia Olivos and Sergio OlivosM said...

Thank you Judy!
I look forward to reading about you..barefeet and all ;)