Thursday, September 10, 2009

White Tara: Compassion leads us to Serentiy.


White Tara, the Goddess of compassion, long life, healing and serenity.

White Tara, rose from a lotus blooming in the lake. The lotus had formed from the first tear of compassion shed by the great bodhisattva Avalokiteswara (whose human incarnation is the Dalai Lama and is considered his consort).

Compassion is defined as a deep awareness of and sympathy for another's suffering.

I have a good friend who is a great example of compassion.
He does not have a lot of material things. He is not a spiritual guru... he is just "a normal guy".
He helps to care for his ailing elderly parents, he struggles just as many of us do to pay the bills month to month..yet he is always serene.
Having been his friend for many years now, one thing I know is a constant part of his being: his compassionate heart.
Any opportunity that arises where he can help someone-anyone- in need- his heart is open to help.
His compassion comes from somewhere deep inside him...and it is almost like he doesn't realize it...he just "does".

He personifies the saying by the Dalai Lama:
“If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.”
Tara as healer:

Compassion was easy for me towards those in need...but I had such a problem with forgiving a few individuals who had wronged me.
It was agonizing to have such unforgiveness in my heart until I was able to see them through a lens of compassion: to recognize them as individuals with strengths and weaknesses as myself.
It was then that compassion came and I was able to forgive.

Through compassion for those I felt less compassionate towards, I was received Tara's healing of the pain and anger and I found not only serenity, but happiness.
Posted 53 seconds ago. ( permalink | delete | edit )

1 comment:

Christine Claire Reed said...

Claudia, I love the white tara. she is beautiful! :)