Friday, March 5, 2010

Chile!


Sergio has decided to donate a different piece for the fundraiser to help those affected by the earthquake in Chile (oops! Cachorritos was already sold...so we will donate the Fox- which actually I ADORE since he reminds me of my favorite story book: The Little Prince. I wrote about the fox and friendship in this earlier post).

I will donate this piece which to me shows the strength of love inherent in the Chilean people as reflected in the love of a mother. The piece is in red, white and blue-just like the colors of the Chilean flag. Also, little red flowers abound-like Chile's Copihue.

I am also donating 25 prints of my popular limited edition series of Para Que no me olvides...it will be sold and also part of a raffle (which includes other gifts ranging from Avon baskets to soccer tickets!)

So come and join us at "Fuerza Chile"/ "Stay Strong Chile"
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Westland Middle School, 5511 Massachusetts Ave, Bethesda MD 20816

There will be many activities and ways in which you can help with the effort including an auction (Chilean wine and our art included), raffles, food, and entertainment including the all female percussion group Batala; and the highly popular rock en espaƱol coverband Ocho de Bastos; as well as several other performances.
All of this is being organized to raise funds and to send to the people of Chile our message to stay strong during this difficult time.
For more information or to volunteer please contact:
www.agrupacionchile.org

No comments: