Sunday, March 14, 2010

Insatiable-women and sexuality

Yesterday we dropped off my series of body paintings at
Cre8Space Studio Gallery. I will be exhibiting with four other women in this awesome gallery in Washington DC for the show titled: "Insatiable", a show on women's sexuality.

During the show, my short little video on the process of my making the body print series will be projected on the wall. I am so excited!
The process was so interesting for this series... it is a process I want to share with everyone interested in art -but which I unfortunately feel it is best not to post on you tube...( most of you can understand why).

Of course, I think the "product" the finished paintings turned out great as well...honestly-I feel it is some of my best work-if I may 'toot my own horn' por favore! :)
I have also included 4 pieces from my Luna Divina (Moon Divine) series..which was originally exhibited in Paris, France.

I do hope you can make it to the show
“Insatiable”
Cre8Space Studio Gallery 1314 9th Street, NW WDC 20001
Opening Reception March 19, 2010
8pm - 12 pm
open Monday through Saturday 12pm - 5pm..

4 comments:

wahzill said...

Amazing work! Absolutely beautiful!! I wish I still lived in DC so I could see it at the gallery :(

-Blaire

suzanne cabrera said...

Congratulations on your show! Your process sounds really interesting!!!

Wish I was in DC to see in person.

Sharon A. Keyser-Jackson said...

Beautiful work! I'm in the DC area so I'll check it out if I can!

Claudia Olivos and Sergio OlivosM said...

Thank you Blaire, Suzanne and Sharon!
The process was lots of fun... I made prints on the canvas with my body covered on various colors of acrylic, pressed myself onto the canvas, and later worked on each piece with oil paints, powdered pigment, beeswax, charcoal, paint sticks and pencils.

I hope you can make it Sharon!

love & light,
Claudia