Tuesday, March 15, 2011

japan and teen angst....


My heart still with Japan..... these are the two pieces that came forth between Sunday and Monday night.

Yet, at this moment...my heart is with my son...teen angst and the blues.... a mother's heart suffers when her children suffer.
My heart aches for him and oh... how I wish for a magic wand to make things better.
Sometimes I wish he was a little boy again, skinned knees are easier to fix than broken hearts.


I want my son to know that :
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


*sigh*..yet they never really do want to hear it from mom.....*sigh*
A glass of wine.... and we will see what will come forth from tonight's daily watercolor.

And.....appropriately enough... I will repost this quote I posted a few weeks ago:
When the Japanese mend broken objects, they aggrandize the damage by filling the cracks with gold. They believe that when something's suffered damage and has a history it becomes more beautiful. ~Barbara Bloom

3 comments:

cri-cri said...

I feel with you claudia, here my heart suffers also for my youngest...i´ts´nt easy to stay on the sideline waiting ...we only can hope that after suffering , they´ll see that the sun shines always again...

Yolanda Garfield said...

Wonderful post; the art is what brings me to your site, and the posts keep me fascinated with the process, because it's every day, the work, the reality of life, and of course, your son. Thanks!

Claudia Olivos and Sergio OlivosM said...

thank you so much for commenting..and thank you so much for following on my artventure/life journey.... I am always encouraged and continue to share my work because of people like you -thanks for taking your time to share your heart with me too!!!

love & light,
claudia