Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Growing pains and new beginnings

Happy (belated) New Year everyone!

2014 came in full force .... and knocked me down for a bit... so I had decided to take a break from posting here.... but now I am back :) 

One of the things that occurred in December was that I was again alerted to lies that are being told about me by some people I love... and I had to begin to think about truly making changes in that relationship; then last month, mid February, I received an email that *rocked* my world... again- about the lies being told about me and the people who choose to believe the lies and false rumors instead of giving me the benefit of the doubt and getting to know me and truth instead.... so it was clear, I need to let go ... it has been too many years of this type of abuse, and the news in February taxed my already challenged adrenals (because of the heavy metal chelation I had just finished in December)-- and I succumbed to full on Adrenal exhaustion.

I am now not only healing my adrenals with the help of holistic medicine, I have also realized it is time to do what is best for me and our little family. 
I have received loads of support from my framily (friends who are like family!) and I am super grateful to all! 

As I begin to *shift* ... there has been some 'growing pains'... 
                                                                   but there has also been loads of 'blessings':

I went to a thrift store today, it is one of my favorite ways to *de-stress* in the city…. As I walked around I thought about the fact that Sergio and I had been talking about finding something to mark this, this thing I am going through. It has been years in coming… I just always thought I would be able to “make it better”… but sometimes ‘making it better’ means letting go.

Sergio had suggested something to represent me as the “Phoenix raising from the ashes” ; not feeling quite as strong as that, I had thought of the “ugly duckling” when he realizes he is a swan, or the Lotus flower rising from the muddy waters…..

All that IS (God/Spirit/Universe….) had other plans.

As I walked around the store I quickly became distracted by well *everything* and promptly forgot about what I had in mind as I looked through shelves upon shelves of other people’s old stuff. Children were running around and one of the employees commanded over the loudspeaker:
“our toy are is not a daycare, retrieve your children now!” A hearing impaired woman tried to ask me questions about a lamp she was holding, and men lined up to test electronics in a corner of the store.

Suddenly, there, on a top shelf…..in a pile of frames of all sizes, I discovered a most intricate little door hand carved into soft wood, I excitedly picked it upr!

It was obviously handmade… and well, I have a tough time not gathering handmade objects from thrift stores, they hold all the love and intention of their maker, and I just can’t leave them behind. Besides, the work was intricate and amazing.

When I stepped to the counter to pay, all of the employees began to buzz around… a couple even came from the back … it was obvious everyone was waiting to see who would purchase this little treasure (the employees are not allowed to shop from there as all items are donated-we donate often ourselves- and I guess it could potentially lead to a mini black market and an unfair advantage for the employees..)

About 6 employees gathered around and all of them just looked at each other and one asked me:
“do you know what this is?”

I answered: 

“no, but I know it is in Arabic and probably Muslim” (at this point I realized all the women there had head coverings and were probably Muslim, something commonplace in our area that is full of immigrants from all over the world). 

One of the women waved me over and she explained:

She said, picking up the little frame, it is a blessing unto you. It is:


Bishmalla and a door which signifies:

"It is a new life and a new 


beginning with God's 

blessing"

(I was in tears... asked her to write it down for me in her handwriting)
*wow*



Sending love & light to you and yours! 

3 comments:

Jess said...

What an amazing story! I'd have wanted to cry too if this had happened to me.xx

Claudia Olivos and Sergio OlivosM said...

Thank you so much for your comment Jess...!
Yes, this was super touching... I have the piece in our bedroom now, where I can see it daily and all the time :)

lovelight to you & yours!
Claudia

Claudia Olivos and Sergio OlivosM said...

Thank you so much for your comment Jess...!
Yes, this was super touching... I have the piece in our bedroom now, where I can see it daily and all the time :)

lovelight to you & yours!
Claudia