Friday, May 8, 2009

Magnolia (Motherhood)


Magnolia (Motherhood)
Originally uploaded by olivosartstudio
Magnolia (Motherhood)

"If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden."

~Attributed to Claudia Gandhi

A mother's love is unconditional.  It is a gift that allows us to experience the very foundation of love.

Without it, we are lost and searching for love's meaning.

Love, when learned via the unconditional love of a parent- is pure and free- and sets us up to share it with others in our lives... for those of us who have had abusive mothers, it is often very, very difficult.... yet, when we ourselves become mothers.... we can give what we never received....

As the daughter of a Narcissistic Mother, I have grieved the lack of unconditional love my whole life, but I am grateful to have had the blessing of being a mother myself so that I *can* know what unconditional love really is.

As a mother, I know I love my son unconditionally.
Forever.
This unconditional love means that I cannot always predict my reaction or guarantee my strength, but I can guarantee that I am committed to his happiness, his growth. I will always accept him just as he is. I will always love him, deeply.

My favorite book to read to him since he was a toddler has been “I love you Forever" I can still not read it without getting teary eyed. I mean every word of it!


3 comments:

FlightFancy said...

I must say this is the first piece I have seen in quite a while that I am truly captivated by. I want to look deeper. Fascinating and beautiful!

Hypnotransformations said...

Awwww, Happy Mother's Day. There really is nothing like a mothers love.


www.Hypnotransformations.blogspot.com

Claudia Olivos said...

Thank you! This is one of the body painting series I did about a year ago. I painted my body, laid on the canvas, then worked with pigments, oils etc... to develop it. You can see some of the process on youtube!