Friday, May 8, 2009

Magnolia (Motherhood)

Magnolia (Motherhood)

"If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden."

~Attributed to Claudia Gandhi

A mother's love is unconditional. It is a gift that allows us to experience the very foundation of love. WIthout it, we are lost and searching for love's meaning. Love, when learned via the unconditional love of a parent- is pure and free- and sets us up to share it with others in our lives.

As a mother, I know I love my son unconditionally. Forever. This unconditional love means that I cannot always predict my reaction or guarantee my strength, but I can guarantee that I am committed to his happiness, his growth. I will always accept him just as he is. I will always love him, deeply.
My favorite book to read to him since he was a toddler has been “I love you Forever" I can still not read it without getting teary eyed. I mean every word of it!

Happy Dia de la Madre!

3 comments:

Flight Fancy said...

I must say this is the first piece I have seen in quite a while that I am truly captivated by. I want to look deeper. Fascinating and beautiful!

Hypnotransformations said...

Awwww, Happy Mother's Day. There really is nothing like a mothers love.


www.Hypnotransformations.blogspot.com

Claudia Olivos and Sergio OlivosM said...

Thank you! This is one of the body painting series I did about a year ago. I painted my body, laid on the canvas, then worked with pigments, oils etc... to develop it. You can see some of the process on youtube!